Watseka Police Department News Release
1. Police investigated an accident which occurred on Wednesday June 14, 2017 at 8:25 A.M. in the IMH parking lot, A vehicle driven by Michael Z. David, 17 of Morocco was driving through the lot, when a vehicle driven by Albert J. Day, 84 of Watseka struck David's vehicle. No injuries were reported and no citations were issued.
2. Police were called to the Big R store for a theft that occurred on Tuesday June 13, 2017 at approximately 6:00 P.M. Two male subjects entered the store and left with an item valued at over $1,000 without paying for the item. Anyone with any information about the theft is encouraged to contact the Watseka Police Department,
3. Police were dispatched to a residence in the 600 block of S. 5th St. on Wednesday June 14, 2017 at 9:00 A.M. for a robbery of a subject in theft residence. The victim knew the suspect and allowed them into their residence, when the suspect suddenly grabbed the resident's wallet and fled the scene. Police are still looking for the suspect.
June 16, 2017
1. Tiffany Taden, 25 of Kankakee was issued a citation for driving with a suspended driver's license. After a traffic stop on W. North and Jefferson St. at 10:25 PM on Thursday. She posted bond and was released. Her passenger, Rakeem Roberts, 26 of Romeoville was arrested on a LaSalle County warrant for FTA on a burglary charge. •
2. Heath Smith, 51 of Watseka reported a traffic accident that occurred on Veterans Pkwy. He reported that he was distracted from outside of the vehicle and hit the curb, flatting the tire, then drove over a fence and a sewer tile. Causing damage to Jay Morris Trucking property in excess of $3,000.00.
June 18, 2017
1. Kenneth D. Sutherland, 22 of Milford was ticketed on Saturday June 17, 2017 at 1:16 P.M. for Driving while license suspended, after he was stopped on E. Walnut St. near 6th Street, He posted bond and was released.
2. Vance W. Trumann Jr., 33 of Milford was arrested Friday June 16, 2017 at 7:53 P.M. on E. Walnut St. near Brianna Drive on a Vermillion County warrant charging him with FTA — Possession of Methamphetamine after he was stopped on E. Walnut St. near Brianna Drive. He was stopped after an Officer ran the plate on the vehicle he was driving and it returned suspended for mandatory insurance violation, He was transported to ICSD jail where he was also ticked for the suspended registration and driving while license suspended. He awaits extradition to Vermillion County.
3, Cortez M, Lewis, 32 of Watseka was arrested on Saturday June 17, 2017 at 5:36 A.M. in the 200 block of W. Park Av. for Aggravated domestic battery, after Police were called to a residence there for a disturbance. He was transported to ICSD jail where he awaits a court appearance,
4. Jeremy A. Lehnig, 27 of Watseka was arrested on Saturday June 17, 2017 at 7:04 P.M. on Elm St. near Brianna Drive, after Police were called to a business in the 700 Block of W. Walnut St. for a disturbance. Lehnig had left the scene, but was located a short time later on Elm Street. He was transported to ICSD Jail where he awaits a court appearance.