Watseka Police Department News Release
1. Police investigated an accident which occurred on Tuesday June 20, 2017 at 3:40 P.M. on W. Walnut St. at the intersection with N. Kay Street. A vehicle driven by Alicia N. Salvador, 31 of Watseka was west bound on Walnut St, and stopped for a train. She then decided to back up and go a different route, but did not realize that a vehicle driven by June L. Kilgore, 65 of Watseka was stopped behind her, and she backed into Kilgore's vehicle. No injuries were reported and no citations were issued.
2. Logan W. Yates, 18 of Watseka was ticketed on Tuesday June 20, 2017 at 12:07 A.M. for No valid driver's license, No valid registration, and Improper display of registration after he was stopped on E. Walnut St. near 6th St. for having no front registration plate on his vehicle. He posted bond and was released.
3. Jonathan M. Wielert, 28 of Sheldon was ticketed on Wednesday June 21, 2017 at 5:23 A.M. for Speeding on Walnut St. near grid Street, He posted bond and was released,
4. Scott J. Baker, 45 of Watseka was arrested on Wednesday June 21, 2017 at 11:43 P.M. in the 300 block of W. Victory Av, for Criminal trespass to residence and Possession of a hypodermic needle, after Police observed a door on a vacant residence standing open and discovered Baker inside. He was transported to ICSD jail where he awaits a court appearance.
5. James L. Munson, 41 of Watseka was arrested on Wednesday June 21, 2017 at 8:02 P.M. in the 200 block of W, Walnut St. for Aggravated domestic battery. He was arrested at the conclusion of an investigation into a battery that occurred on Sunday June 18, 2017 at 12:07 A.M. in the 200 block of W. Fairman Avenue. He was seen walking along Walnut St. and was taken into custody. He was transported to ICSD jail where he awaits a court appearance.
6. Police were called to the 800 block of W. Lafayette St. on Sunday June, 18, 2017 at 9:56 P.M. to take a report of a stolen cell phone from a vehicle.
7. Police were dispatched to a residence in the 500 block of N. 5th St. on Thursday June 22, 2017 at 9:24 A.M. to take a report of a vehicle that was stolen from a residence there sometime between the hours of 10:00 P.M. Wednesday evening and 9:20 A.M. Thursday morning. At around noon on Wednesday the vehicle was recovered by Police in Kankakee County and two suspects were taken into custody.