The Iroquois County Public Health Department (ICPHD) has Johnson & Johnson, along with Pfizer and Moderna, COVID-19 Vaccine boosters available for eligible individuals by appointment Monday-Friday; 9 AM- 3:30 PM. To schedule an appointment call 815-432-2483.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health recommend a booster shot of COVID-19 vaccine for individuals in certain populations or in high-risk occupational and institutional settings.
• CDC recommends the following groups should receive boosters:
* People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings
* People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions
* Additionally, CDC recommends the following groups may be considered for boosters:
* People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions
* People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting
At this time, there is no cost for the COVID-19 vaccine. Pregnant/breastfeeding individuals will need to bring written documentation from their Physician to receive the vaccine.
Please bring your COVID-19 vaccine card to your appointment. If you do not feel well the day of your appointment or are in isolation or quarantine, please do not attend. Patients will need to wear a face covering, practice social distancing, and plan to allow at least 15 minutes for observation after the vaccination. Please wear clothing to allow easy access to the upper portion of the arm for the injection.
The Illinois Department of Public Health has compiled a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccination. Information can be found at: http://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccine-faq.
For individual concerns regarding allergies or other medical conditions please consult your own medical provider.